2011年6月24日金曜日

Leadership

Recently, I've been thinking about leadership.
I've had some opportunities to lead some groups, and have found that I am sometimes at lost what to do in order to improve them. Problems are sometimes about the motivation of members, sometimes the management of members, sometimes about events or sometimes about the relationships with members/among members.

Today, I found an interesting article on leadership:リーダーシップの5原則を考える - モチベーションは楽しさ創造から

Here, let me summarize what is written on this page. Author has three points that are essential:
1. Focus on problems, not on individuals. Point out problems, but do not make it just accusations against one person. Give feedback to everyone in a group.
2. Respect the other's self-confidence and self-esteem.
3. Always be conscious of the importance of conductive relationships with the others.
4. Leaders are for changes, which the others are reluctant to make
5. Be the first to do it. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Be the model.

In short, when you are a leader of a group, please take care of the relationship(s), and if the group is in disorder, take an active initiative.
Taking these perspectives into a consideration, I was not so sure if I was successfully fulfilling these elements. Rather being a real leader, I was just a member of groups which I was in. So I'll do my best to manage the groups and have more constructive discussions.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿